By: Edgar A. Petallo
Long before, I have already been smitten by the wonders and benefits found in carrots. Since then I have this eagerness and ardor to make it as part of my diet. But eating the carrot whole & raw doesn't appear so appealing nor appetizing to me. So converting it into juice seems to be more pleasing to my taste buds, after all it blends practically well with other juices making it more delicious and exquisitely nourishing.
What makes me so insanely attracted with carrot juice is not entirely the benefit of having that glowing & revitalized skin as what the researchers claimed (although vain as I am its a great factor) but with all honesty aside it is mainly due to the antioxidants as well as the phytochemicals with the vitamins and minerals exclusively ingrained in it. You see, I have this strong family history of cancer (my parents just died of CA) so loading myself with the sufficient amount of antioxidants and phytochemicals somehow decrease the risk (hopefully!) of acquiring that dreaded two big letters in my lifetime.
Aside from what has been indicated above, there are other significant outstanding health advantages of taking carrot juice into your system. These are actually a compilation of the information that I've personally gathered from those bonafide or I should say credible health articles that I have stumbled upon.
Without further ado, and in no particular order, here are the top 8 refreshing benefits:
- Carrot juice is one of the richest sources of Beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A (fat-soluble vitamin) which we all know is good for the eyes. It also promotes efficient growth of the bones and teeth, provides resistance against infections and maintenance of healthy body tissues.
- Carrot juice contains sufficient amount of vitamin E (also a fat-soluble vitamin) which effectively helps in preventing the formation of potentially cancer-causing substances known as carcinogens.
- For those who want to lose some weight, then carrot juice would be far more beneficial than the commercial ones, since it contains fewer or much lesser calories.
- Carrot juice is also a good source for potassium, the major intracellular cation which plays a significant role in fluid balance as well as in effective cardiac function.
- Recent studies show that carrot juice improves the overall health and functioning of the liver and digestive tract.
- Aches and pains associated with aging are lessened with the sufficient intake of carrot juice.
- For those who want to look younger than their real age, then carrot juice might be good for you since it is loaded with antioxidants which fight against the damaging effects of free radicals.
- The phytochemicals in carrot juice help in preventing cell degeneration. Thereby promoting that seemingly elusive youthful glow and rejuvenated vibes!
With all the essential health benefits mentioned, I firmly believe that its all worth your time and effort to make carrot juice be a part of your daily diet. What makes it more fascinating is that, it doesn't take an arm and a leg to avail those requisite fundamental nutrients which our body needs. It is indeed a delicious nourishing refreshment that you could proudly share to your family and loved ones at all times.