Candidate No. 29, Nancy Lee Leonard of Zambaonga City caught my attention during the successfully-conducted Press Presentation at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. The 24 years old Zambaongeña beauty can be the ultimate spoiler for the early knowned front-runners and here are a quintet of my own rationalizations:
1. Pageantry is nothing new to Nancy. She's Miss Zambaonga 2011 and Miss Philippines Earth-Water 2013 who was eventually promoted a notch higher from her elemental crown when Kimberly Suiza (who was Miss Philippines Earth-Air 2013) resigned from her post to join the Binibining Pilipinas 2014 edition. It's relatively quite evident that her previous pageant experiences molded her into the best contender that she is right now.
2. She's a no beauty queen without a university degree. Nancy graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology major in Guidance and Counselling at the Ateneo de Zambaonga University.
3. Standing tall at 5'7", Nancy may not be the tallest among the candidates but her slender frame coupled with a striking body figure instantly made her one of the stand out among the beauty contenders.
4. I'm not so sure if it's just me, but her's a type of Pinay beauty which I can stare for ages! Nancy is oozing with such classic charm that is internationally-appealing. Needless to say, those exquisite jawline and contoured chin are just fashionable!
5. She's already polished and is very ripe to be picked as one of the next Binibini crown bearers who can be a worthy representative of the Philippines in the international beauty quest. If she'll be able to channel a winsome persona come final's night, I'm quite certain that she won't go home empty-handed.
Would she be able to nab one of the crowns for grabs on March 15? What do you think is the highest placement she can get?